Check out my retired stamp sets, accessories and more for sale

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Softball Thank You Card with a Pop



The regular softball season is over and as a special thanks to the coaches and team manager, I created this thank you card for one of my daughters' teams.  The card has pictures of the 12 players on the pop-up 3D ball as well as the team picture when they won the championship on the left side, and a place to hold a gift card on the right side when opened.  The girls also signed the card.  I intentionally blurred the players faces since I didn't want to have to ask for permission.

The tricky part was trying to decide how to close the card without having it bulge out too much.  Originally, I thought the two softball brads and string would hold it down  -- it didn't.  I finally added the elastic cord and that held it down better as shown in the photo.

I also hand stitched the softball laces with red embroidery floss.

And lastly, the ball with the pictures is removable.  The red circle is held in place with Velcros to allow them to remove the pop-up and put on their desk or wherever.  I also typed the girls' name in a circle on the Real Red card stock (blurred it for privacy).  I made a total of three. For this card, the dimensions when closed is 6-1/2" x 6-1/2". I have three more to make for my other daughter's team -- these will be 6" x 6".  Thanks for looking!
Stampin' Up! Supplies (unless otherwise noted):
  • Stamps: Sporting, Family Phrases
  • Paper: Real Red, Yoyo Yellow, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White
  • Ink: Brilliant Blue, Versamark
  • Accessories: Word Window Punch, Big Shot Machine, Extended Cutting Mats, Pop-Up 3D Ball, Sticky Strip, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat, Gold Elastic Cord (retired)
  • Other (non-SU):  Softball brads, Sizzix Alphabet (sorry, forgot the name), Red Embroidery Floss

No comments: